As the current (at the time) issue of Inside Crochet had a gorgeous hat on it's cover, it seemed meant to be.
Unfortunately first time round I made the mistake of getting started with some yarn leftovers without checking the actual yarn requirements, causing my first attempt to halt abruptly before the rim when I ran out of cotton.
For my second attempt I made sure I had plenty of yarn to complete the project. Using some old cotton yarn I had stashed away, I'm afraid long since without labels, I got started and finished fairly quickly, I think the whole hat took me two evenings.
The colour probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'm trying to be good and use up what I have (though it's possible I made 3 new yarn purchases just this week! It's my birthday on Sunday that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!). But despite this the finished hat served me very well over the hot and sunny weekend at Latitude and has been out on a few excursions in the sunshine since.
The pattern is Worthing Hat by Salena Baca from Issue 43 of Inside Crochet available :: here
My Ravelry notes are :: here.