We also discovered that the wallpaper in the hallway appears to have been applied with superglue or wheatabix or some other ridiculous substance that is clinging to the walls after the paper has been removed. I was trying to strip it right back but I'm taking the plaster with it unintentionally quite a bit, so now I've decided to try sanding it down instead, that seems like a safer option, I'll let you know how I get on once the power has returned.
In other unfortunate wallpaper news, as I moved on to the final room to strip of wallpaper, all excited and arrogantly declaring 'this room is pretty much done, won't take any time at all', I discovered that what I originally thought was the wall, is actually a whole other layer of wallpaper thickly covered in paint. Seriously this house has made me despise wall paper and all those who use it!
In good news, there was some at least, all tradesmen have confirmed start dates and it's looking promising that all will done by Christmas. Not only that the electrician has said that we can (probably) keep our original light switches after all. I could have cried with joy when he told me. I'm so glad I persevered and researched after he originally said it wouldn't be possible.
Trying to remain positive and upbeat and putting all glumness down to the dreadful weather we've had this week. Fingers crossed for electricity returning and lots of work next week.